* Some attractions subject to closure or limited entrance due to COVID-19. Please check before visiting.
110:00 AMHeyri Artvalley
212:30 PMShinsegae Simon Paju Premium Outlet
32:30 PMPaju Book City
44:30 PMHanhwa Aqua Planet Ilsan or Onemount
57:00 PMIlsan Lake Park
68:00 PMLafesta or Western Dom
10:00 AM, Start off your day at Heyri Artvalley【 Photo: Heyri Artvalley 】
Heyri Artvalley is just one-hour bus ride away from Hapjeong Station in Seoul. The largest art community in the nation, the neighborhood’s name originates from the expression “heyri sounds,” used to describe songs sung by farmers at the field. Founded by painters, musicians, architects and other artists, this place is a haven for art of all styles. The streets are lined with uniquely designed buildings that are fun to look at and serve as perfect backdrop for photos.
【 Photo: Museum of Modern History of Korea 】
Explore the neighborhood closely and you will discover some interesting and meaningful museums, including the Bohemian Sculpture Museum, Museum of Musical Instruments of the World, Money Museum, and Museum of Modern History of Korea. Afterwards, stop by one of the cafés dotted throughout the village for a cup of coffee or a light brunch.
- Address: 82-105, Heyrimaeul-gil, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 파주시 탄현면 헤이리마을길 82-105)
- Operating hours: 10:00-18:00
* Operating hours vary by store and attraction; many are closed on Mondays
- Website:heyri.net (Korean, English)
12:30 PM, Shopping at Shinsegae Simon Paju Premium Outlet
【 Photo: Shinsegae Simon Paju Premium Outlet 】
Next, head to Shinsegae Simon Paju Premium Outlet, where you can find over 220 fashion brands all in one place. Shinsegae Simon Paju Premium Outlet is a three-story building with two wings circling around a garden. The charming features provide those who are not interesting in shopping a chance to look around and enjoying the ambience.
2:30 PM, Explore Paju Book City
【 Paju Book City 】
Paju Book City is a cultural complex themed around books and the publishing industry. Once a mere reed field, the area became populated with publishing companies in 1977. Visitors to Paju Book City can enjoy bookstores, book cafés, and various cultural activities related to books and printing. Among the many attractions within the complex, Forest of Wisdom is a must-visit spot.
【 Photo: Forest of Wisdom in Paju Book City 】
Opened in 2014, Forest of Wisdom is a public library with a collection of over 500,000 books. All of the library books were donated and words cannot describe the feeling upon looking up at the 8-meter high bookshelves packed with books; for a book-lover, it is heaven. The number of tourists to this library has been unceasing after the library’s appearance in various dramas.
Paju Book City
- Forest of Wisdom
- Address: 145, Hoedong-gil, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 파주시 회동길 145)
- Operating hours: Halls 1, 2, & 3 - 10:00-20:00
4:30 PM, Refresh your spirit at Hanwha Aqua Planet Ilsan or Onemount
While the trip to Paju focused on things to see, your time spent in Goyang will be filled with participating in various activities, including a visit to Hanwha Aqua Planet Ilsan or Onemount. Usually, Aqua Planet Ilsan is preferred by families, while Onemount is frequented among friends and couples.
【 Photo: Aquarium at Aqua Planet Ilsan 】
Aqua Planet Ilsan is the largest aquarium in the Seoul metropolitan region. In addition to the aquarium, the attraction also has a zoo. The second floor features exotic marine creatures while the fifth floor has a feeding zoo where children can interact with animals like rabbits and sheep.
【 Photo: Onemount Water Park (Credit: Onemount) 】
- 【 Photo: Inside view of Onemount Water Park
(Credit: Onemount) 】
- 【 Photo: Inside view of Onemount Snow Park
(Credit: Onemount) 】
Onemount is an indoor theme park made up of the Snow Park and the Water Park, which is divided into an indoor facility on the fourth floor and an outdoor facility on the seventh floor rooftop.
Hanwha Aqua Planet Ilsan
- Address: 282, Hallyuworld-ro, Ilsanseo-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 고양시 일산서구 한류월드로 282)
- Operating hours: 10:00-18:30
* Last admission is 1 hr before closing
* Limited number of guest entrance due to COVID-19. Check the official website for details
- Aqua Planet
Weekdays - Adults 25,000 won / Children & Senior citizens 23,000 won
Weekends & public holidays - Adults 31,000 won / Children & Senior citizens 28,000 won
- Unlimited Pass Weekdays
Weekdays - Adults 29,000 won / Children & Senior citizens 27,000 won
Weekends & public holidays - Adults 35,000 won / Children & Senior citizens 31,000 won
* Adults (ages 14-64) / Children (ages 3-13) / Senior citizens (ages 65 & over)
* Unlimited pass provides access to all facilities within Aqua Planet
* Valid ID required to avail discount rates for senior citizens
* Free admission for preschoolers younger than 36 months with a valid ID and an accompanying adult (except for groups)
- Website:www.aquaplanet.co.kr (Korean, English)
- Address: 300 Hallyuworld-ro, Ilsanseo-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 고양시 일산서구 한류월드로 300)
- Operating hours
Indoor water park 10:00-17:30 / Indoor water slide 10:00-17:30
Outdoor water park 11:00-17:00 / Outdoor water slide 11:00-16:30
Snow Park – 10:00-17:00
* Outdoor water park facilities are closed during off-season (September-April)
* Operating hours subject to change
* Snow Park temporarily closed from March 1, 2020 until further notice
Water Park – General admission 68,000 won
* Based on July 30-August 16 / Check the website for prices for other seasons
Snow Park – General admission 18,000 won
* General admission rate applied from 10:00
* Free admission for preschoolers younger than 36 months with a valid ID
- Website: www.onemount.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)